Phone lines open Monday to Friday 09.30am – 5.30pm
Opera in Berlin & Christmas Markets | 05 December 2019
|4 days and 3 nights|
DescriptionDiscover Berlin, one of Europe’s most exciting destinations, on our Opera and Christmas Markets Tour.. Luxuriate in Turandot at the Deutsche Oper. Enjoy three-nights in the vibrant cosmopolitan city of Berlin, and immerse yourself in the cities rich cultural history. There is a plethora of things to do and see in Berlin. The city offers world renowned art galleries and museums in the world and the highest standards of opera. Marvel at what you see and hear on our “Best of Berlin“ City Tour and enjoy the famous Berlin Christmas Markets. The city comes alive during the Christmas season and there are more than 50 markets spread around the city offering something for everyone.
Day 1 – 05 December 2019
Your tour will start with a morning flight to Berlin. Flying with Aer Lingus, flight departs Dublin at 07:05 and arrives into Berlin airport at 10:25. (please note that flight times are subject to change at airline’s discretion.)
On arrival in Berlin, meet your local guide for private coach transfer to the Park Inn Hotel where you are booked for three-nights on a bed & breakfast basis.
Your hotel: 4-star Park Inn by Radisson Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz
The 4-star Park Inn by Radisson Hotel Berlin Alexanderplatz is located in the historial ane new centre of Berlin, next to the famous Berlin TV tower. The tallest hotel in Berlin, the Park Inn by Radisson in Mitte, combines stunning views with an unrivaled location. The hotel is within walking distance to iconic landmarks such as the Brandenburg Gate while Museum Island, home to 5 world-renowned museums, including the Pergamon Museum, the Alte Nationalgalerie, and the Bode Museum and a Berlin must-visit is just one kilometer away.
This day and evening is at your leisure. Perhaps try dinner in your hotel or sample one of Berlin’s many local Restaurants.
Day 2 – 06 December 2019
Today, join your local guide for your Highlights of Berlin city tour of Berlin. See the city sights including Charlottenburg Palace, Checkpoint Charlie, the Branderburg Gate, Unter den Linden, Potdamer Platz and the Reichstag Building. Your tour will finish at the glittering Berlin Christmas Markets where you can truly get into the festive spirit.
You have the afternoon to explore independently.
Day 1 – 07 December 2019
Today, you have the day free to explore Berlin at your leisure.
Berlin’s turbulent political past makes it such an absorbing place, but it is also an incredibly vibrant city with a character and optimism to match. It strongly rewards exploring on foot – visit the impressive Charlottenburg Palace and the legendary Olympiastadion stadium, or you may wish to take a short train ride to Potsdam and the Sanssouci Palace, home of the famous Prussian king Frederick the Great.
Perhaps see the city sights or indulge in more Christmas shopping at the Christmas Markets.
Five of the most popular Berlin Christmas Markets are:
• Winter World at Potsdamer Platz
• Nostalgic Christmas Market at the Opernpalais
• Traditional Spandau Christmas Market
• Charlottenburg Palace
In the evening, meet your fellow travellers for a pre-performance dinner in the hotel restaurant and afterwards transfer by private coach to the Deutsche Opera for evening performance of Turandot.
Start time: 19:30
Dramma lyrico in three acts
Libretto by Giuseppe Adami and Renato Simoni,
after the play by Carlo Gozzi
First performed on 25th April 1929 in Milan
Premiered at the Deutsche Oper Berlin on 13th September 2008
In Italian with German and English surtitles
2 hrs 45 mins / 1 interval
Coach transfer to hotel at the end of the evening
Day 4 – 08 December 2019
Today, meet your local guide for coach transfer to airport for return flight. Flight departs Berlin at 19:25. (please note that flight times are subject to change at airline’s discretion)
• Return scheduled flight from Dublin, taxes
• Three nights bed and breakfast in the 4* Park Hotel Berlin
• ‘Highlights of Berlin’ sightseeing tour finishing at the Christmas Markets
• Pre-opera dinner in your hotel
• Turandot at the Deutsche Oper
• Free time for independent sightseeing
• Private coach and guide assistance for all transfers and excursions
Price per person sharing €749pps
Single Supplement €110
Price does not include
• Price is inclusive of one piece of hand luggage. Checked in luggage is extra according to airline fees at time of booking. Please advise at the time of booking should you wish to check-in a bag.
• Single supplement €133.
• A non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250.00 per person is required at time of booking (by debit card, cheque or credit card)
• Balance is due 8 weeks prior to departure.
• Prices, flight times & listed itinerary are subject to change
• KP/IFC Booking terms and conditions apply
• Flight and tour timings are subject to change.
TO BOOK, CALL US ON (01) 888 7840