Phone lines open Monday to Friday 09.30am – 5.30pm
Opera, Music & Arts in Budapest: 26 March 2020
|5 days and 4 nights|
Day 1 – Thursday 26 March 2020
Your tour will start with flight to Budapest. Flight departs Dublin at 14:00 and arrives Budapest 18:05, subject to change at the airlines discretion. On arrival in Budapest, meet your local guide and transfer to the 4* Eurostars Danube Budapest Hotel where you are booked for three-nights on a bed and breakfast basis.
Eurostars Danube Budapest Hotel
The 4* Eurostars Danube Budapest is located in the centre of Budapest, just 500 m from St. Stephen's Basilica and 600 m from State Opera House. The historical Andrássy Avenue and pedestrian shopping area of Váci Utca are both just a short walk away.
This evening is at your leisure.
Perhaps try dinner in one of Budapest’s many local restaurants. We would be happy to advise you on recommended places to eat.
Day 2 – Friday 27 March 2020
This morning after breakfast, join your local guide for guided city tour via coach. See all the key sites including the Margaret Bridge, the House of Parliament, the Royal Castle, Fisherman's Bastion, and much more. As part of today’s tour, we visit the architectural jewel of Budapest, the Hungarian Parliament Building. Home to the Holy Crown of Hungary, we explore the buildings impressive interior. Marvel at the history behind the walls of Hungary’s largest building as your admire the impressive staircase, Session Room and Great Vaulted Hall. After your city tour, enjoy the afternoon at leisure for independent sightseeing.
Join your fellow travellers for pre-opera dinner and afterwards transfer to the Erkel Theatre for evening performance of Bizet’s Carmen.
Performance Georges Bizet: Carmen
Opera in two parts, four acts, in French
Start time: 6pm
“Her eyes were obliquely set, but large and full; her lips rather thick, but well cut, and permitted the teeth – white as blanched almonds – to be seen. Her hair was perhaps a trifle coarse, but had a blue sheen running through it, like that one sees in a raven’s wings, and was long and luxuriant. She was of a strange and savage beauty – a face which at first surprised you, but it was one you could never forget. Her eyes especially had an expression at once voluptuous and fierce…I stabbed her twice. She fell at the second thrust without a cry. I can still fancy I see her splendid black eyes regarding me steadily; then they became troubled and closed.” Excerpt from Erkel Theatre
Coach transfer back to your hotel at the end of the hotel.
Day 3 – Saturday 28 March 2020
This morning, take a guided tour of the Museum of Fine Arts. Budapest's stunning Arts Museum, The Museum of Fine Arts, was founded in 1896. On the ground floor, you can admire its exhibitions of classical antiquities and 19th-century paintings and sculptures. The museum’s collection includes works from German, Austrian, Dutch, Flemish, Spanish, Italian and British masters. Your expert art guide will show you the highlights of this stunning museum.
Afterwards, take some time to relax at a tradition wine tasting experience at Doblo’s Wine Bar where you will sample four types of Hungarian wines. Return to your hotel at the end of the excursion.
Join your fellow travellers and admire beautiful Budapest as you cruise along the Danube River. See the city’s famous landmarks such as the Chain Bridge and Buda Castle. Once on-board, you will enjoy wine and a traditional Hungarian dinner, served buffet-style. Live music will set the mood as you glide past the capital city’s stunning backdrop at nighttime.
Day 4 – Sunday 29 March 2020
Free day to explore the sights of Budapest.
Join your fellow travellers for a three-course pre-concert dinner in local restaurant and afterwards transfer to the Palace of the Arts for evening concert performance by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra.
19:30 Concert start time
Conductor: Vasily Petrenko
Featuring: Piano Alice Sara Ott
Britten: Peter Grimes - Four Maritime Interludes, Op. 33a
Beethoven: III. (C minor) Piano Concerto, Op. 37
Prokofiev: Symphony No. 5 in B major, Op. 100
Coach transfer back to your hotel at the end of the hotel.
Day 5 – Monday 30 March 2020
Enjoy breakfast in your hotel and following breakfast check-out.
Spend the day at leisure and in the later afternoon, meet your local guide for transfer to Budapest airport for your return flight. Flight departs Dublin at 17:10 and arrives Budapest 19:15 (subject to change at the airlines discretion).
• Return flight from Dublin, taxes
• Four nights in the four-star Eurostars Danube Hotel with breakfast
• Guided sightseing tour of beautiful Budapest
• Guided tour of the Hungarian Parliament building
• Two pre-performance dinners in local restaurants
• Dinner Cruise on the River Danube
• Category 1 ticket to Bizet’s Carmen in the Erkel Theatre
• Category 1 ticket to concert performance by the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra in the Palace of the Arts
• Free time for independent sightseeing
• Transfers and local guide according to the program
Price per person sharing from only €1189pps
Single supplement €249
TO BOOK, CALL US ON (01) 888 7840
Price does not include
• Minimum numbers required to travel or deposit refunded.
• Price is inclusive of one piece of hand luggage. Checked in luggage is extra according to airline fees at time of booking. Please advise at the time of booking should you wish to check-in a bag.
• A non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €250 per person is required at time of booking (by debit card, cheque or credit card). Balance is due 10 weeks prior to departure.
• Prices, flight times & listed itinerary are subject to change. Please note that flight times are subject to change at airline discretion and changes to flight times are out of our control.
• Please note that performance schedule and artists can be changed at the venues discretion. In the unlikely event that this should happen, we will seek to replace the evening event with an appropriate substitute.
• Travel insurance has not been included in your holiday price and we strongly recommend customers have adequate travel insurance for the duration of your trip. IFC in conjunction with Accident & General can offer a fully comprehensive insurance that covers you from the date of issue until you return from your holiday. Please note: If you have any pre-existing medical condition you would need to contact a health check number, which we will advise at the time of booking. Event Cancellation Insurance Please note that we strongly advise all travellers to ensure that they have event cancellation as part of their travel insurance policy if booking policies independently. Event Cancellation is required if your trip has been arranged specifically to attend a special event like a sports event, musical, film, entertainment, festival or concert. Please ask your travel insurance provider if your policy covers event cancellation. Event cancellation is offered on Accident & General travel insurance policies, should this be required. Please contact us for more information and a competitive quote at time of booking or at any time prior to departure. European Health Insurance Card – The EHIC is a free European Healthcard available to all EU citizens and is recommended to carry for travel within Europe. Please check www.ehic.ie for more information.
• Booking terms and conditions apply