Bach Festival in Leipzig, departing 08 June 2018 - LIMITED AVAILABILITY
|4 days and 3 nights|
Bach Festival in Leipzig
4-days, only €1359pps
Direct flights from Ireland
BOOK ONLINE NOW
Leipzig lies at the heart of the classical music tradition: Wagner was born here, Mendelssohn died here and Bach spent nearly three decades as Kapellmeister at the Thomaskirche. It is hardly surprising, therefore, that Leipzig plays host to a magnificate annual festival centred on Bach and the composesr he inspired. Experience this unique musical event in 2018 on our Bach tour. Performance venues include the Nikolaikirche and The stunning Leipzig Opera House. This musical experience is enriched by cultural visits in and around the city including a sightseeing tour of Leipzig and a visit to the Grassi Museum.
VERY LIMITED AVAILABILITY - PLEASE CALL 01 888 7840
Fly from Dublin Airport to Berlin (Aer Lingus). On arrival, meet your local guide for coach transfer to Leipzig where you are booked for three-nights on a bed and breakfast basis in the 4* Victor Residenz Hotel.
This evening, meet other members of the group while enjoying a three-course welcome dinner in the Auerbachskeller Restauranrt
Your hotel: 4* Victor Residenz Hotel.
Offering elegant rooms and free Wi-Fi access throughout, 4* Victor Residenz Hotel is lin a primed city centre location. With a striking Art Nouveau façade, the 4-star Victor's Residenz-Hotel Leipzig provides modern and well-equipped rooms.
On this your first morning in Leipzig, you will enjoy a three-hour guided tour of the city on foot and by coach. A guided walk around the city centre will show you all that this historic city has to offer, including the Marketplace and Old City Hall, Stock Exchange and the churches of St Nicholas and St Thomas (where J.S. Bach was choir master).
Free afternoon for independent sightseeing.
Dinner will be served at the Bartels Hof Restaurant. After dinner, we will make the short walk to the Nikolaikirche (approx 15 minutes) for the first of the evening performances.
Performance start time: 8.00 pm
Nikolaikirche / Ring of Cantatas 5
Johann Sebastian Bach
Weinen, Klagen, Sorgen, Zagen, BWV 12 (Jubilate)
Ihr werdet weinen und heulen, BWV 103 (Jubilate)
O ewiges Feuer, o Ursprung der Liebe, BWV 34 (Pentecost)
O Ewigkeit, du Donnerwort, BWV 20 (1st Sunday after Trinity)
Soloists, Monteverdi Choir, English Baroque Soloists, Conductor: Sir John Eliot Gardiner
Today, we visit the Grassi Museum in the morning. The Grassi Museum is home to three museums: the Ethnography Museum, Musical Instruments Museum, and Applied Arts Museum. It is sometimes known as the "Museums in the Grassi", or as the "New" Grassi Museum. This is a must for all music lovers.
Free afternoon for independent sightseeing.
In the early evening, meet your local guide to make the short walk to the Leipzig Opera House for your second festival performance.
Performance start time: 18:00
J. s. Bach: Johannes-passion, BWV 245 (Ballett)
Leipziger Ballett, solisten, Chor der oper leipzig,
Gewandhaus Orchester leipzig, mario schröder (Choreographie),
Paul Zoller (Bühnenbild, kostüme), leitung: paul goodwin
After the performance, dinner will be served in the Panorama Tower Restaurant
Today, coach transfer with your local guide to Berlin airport for your return flight.
• Return scheduled flight Dublin-Berlin with Aer Lingus
• 3-nights in the 4* Victor Residenz Hotel with breakfast
• Three-course welcome dinner
• Three-course dinners on performance evenings
• Guided sightseeing tour of Leipzig
• Visit to the Grassi Museum
• Concert performance at the Nikolaikirche (superior category)
• Ballet performance in the Leipzig Opera House (superior category)
• Transfers and tour manager according to the program
Price does not include
Please note that airlines now charge per return checked in cabin baggage which is not included in the tour price. Please advise at the time of booking/ pre-departure should you wish to check-in a bag. Booking deposit €350 per person. Balance due 10 weeks prior to tour departure date. No surcharge on deposit payments. 2% surcharge on balance payments made via credit card.
Flight and tour timings are subject to change.
• Price is inclusive of one piece of hand luggage. Checked in luggage is extra according to airline fees at time of booking. Please advise at the time of booking should you wish to check-in a bag.
• Single supplement €136
• A non-refundable / non-transferable deposit of €350 per person is required at time of booking (by debit card, cheque or credit card). No surcharge on deposit payments. Please note a 2% surcharge is payable on balances paid via credit card
• Balance is due 10 weeks prior to departure.
• Minimum numbers required to travel or deposit refunded.
• Prices, flight times & listed itinerary are subject to change. Please note that flight times are subject to change at airline discretion and changes to flight times are out of our control.
• Booking terms and conditions apply